[ANSTHRLD] Charge question

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Jun 30 17:49:46 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:09 PM,  <charlescalhoun at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Imagine a shield divided PER CHEVRON: if I wanted to make the bottom portion a charge and fimbrate it, what would the charge be called?
>
> Sean of Colquhoun

The bottom portion of a divided field would be an odd shape, depending
on what the escutcheon shape is, and as it takes up, by definition,
the field, it can't really be a charge itself. I'm not quite sure what
you're really looking for here.  A "point pointed" would be a charge
that by definition is a type of base (think opposite of a chief),
triangular instead of flat on the top, thus mimicking a per chevron
line -- is that what you meant?

I believe a point pointed is simple enough to fimbriate, but obviously
we'd want to see a picture of what you mean first.

-Emma