[ANSTHRLD] Field Primary Conflict Check

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Nov 2 07:26:01 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Joseph Percer <jpercer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Would just like one more set of eyes on this piece of armory, if
> someone could oblige, Daniel and Tostig have already had a crack at
> it...
>
> Per pale indented argent and azure.
>
> The one close one is: Peregrine Gray|200903W|d|Per pale indented
> bendy barry Or and azure and gules.
>
> But believe 2 CDS - 1 for tincture, 1 for dropping the field
> treatment.

There's no field treatment.  "Bendy barry Or and azure" is a divided
field, which is normally considered just a tincture.  (E.g., in a
hypothetical, "Vairy gules and argent, three eagles bendy barry Or and
azure", the tinctures of the charges are "bendy barry Or and azure".)

So I'm not at all certain whether this, under Field-Primary rules and
precedents, is just considered a change of the tincture of the field,
hence 1 CD and a conflict, or whether adding a line of partition for
FP is one CD and you can somehow still get another CD for changing the
tincture of the other half.

Daniel Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com