[ANSTHRLD] Field Primary Conflict Check

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 08:02:49 PDT 2010

I think this is a nice case for where the rules need some fixing, if
this is indeed held to be in conflict.

Consider the image on OSCAR: http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=145&id=8296

Jayme, who feels the two would be strikingly different. The only thing
they really share in common is the line of division, and god forbid, a
small bit of azure.

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Joseph Percer <jpercer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Would just like one more set of eyes on this piece of armory, if
>> someone could oblige, Daniel and Tostig have already had a crack at
>> it...
>>
>> Per pale indented argent and azure.
>>
>> The one close one is: Peregrine Gray|200903W|d|Per pale indented
>> bendy barry Or and azure and gules.
>>
>> But believe 2 CDS - 1 for tincture, 1 for dropping the field
>> treatment.
>
> There's no field treatment.  "Bendy barry Or and azure" is a divided
> field, which is normally considered just a tincture.  (E.g., in a
> hypothetical, "Vairy gules and argent, three eagles bendy barry Or and
> azure", the tinctures of the charges are "bendy barry Or and azure".)
>
> So I'm not at all certain whether this, under Field-Primary rules and
> precedents, is just considered a change of the tincture of the field,
> hence 1 CD and a conflict, or whether adding a line of partition for
> FP is one CD and you can somehow still get another CD for changing the
> tincture of the other half.
>
> Daniel Lindum Colonia
> --
> Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com