[ANSTHRLD] Looking for Charge: Magnon

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 07:12:54 PST 2010

It's not, but I was able to find a depiction of it in a period armorial:

http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/dl_crosscollex/brbldl/oneITEM.asp?pid=2027590&iid=1106517&srchtype=ITEM

Third item down from the top - does anybody know what the blazon for
that would be? I am not 100%
certain it's what I thought it was called, but who knows.

Jayme

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Duncan Hepburn <duncan at stormypetrel.org> wrote:
> Jayme,
>
> Is it something like the "billet with ends splayed in three points" found
> at:
>
> http://slovenija.heraldry.ca/arms/k/khienburg.htm
>
> Duncan
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Joseph Percer <jpercer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I'm looking for a hand locating a heraldic charge that was identified
>> to me as a "magnon" - Believe it's french. Described as a three
>> pronged charge (almost like a trident, only not on a pole) if Anybody
>> has any way to help look that up I'd be grateful. So far a google
>> search has only turned up mention of a torsion seige machine in a book
>> on the medieval ages, everything else has been related to the usage of
>> the term in physics or "cro-magnon".
>>
>> Jayme
>>

>> --
>> Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP