[ANSTHRLD] A Spurtle

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:47:11 PDT 2010

Greetings Esteemed Colleagues,

I have a gentleman who is just moving into Seawinds, who wants to
register a spurtle. For those of you not familiar with this tool, I
give you Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spurtle

There has been 1 registered instance of it in SCA armory, back in 1980
from what I can tell... This to me, sets of warning bells that
re-registration is likely to be not possible, but a search of
the LoAR archives has turned up no returns.

Anybody have any insight on whether this is going to require a
documentation of it's use in period heraldry to register or no?

Jayme

--
Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP