[ANSTHRLD] Blazon and Device help: Argent chape ploye ermine

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 06:54:21 PDT 2010

This must be blazoned as per chevron throughout ploye. We do not allow
charged chape fields, as the practice was not done in period.

But we do allow you to blazon your way out of a style problem.

Reblazon: Per chevron throughout azure and ermine, in chief a sheaf of
arrows inverted, and a stag's head cabossed argent.

Relevant Precedent:

These precedents specifically set SCA policy for SCA stylistic rules
concerning charged fields which are per chevron throughout and chapé.
Period armory almost never uses any charges on a chapé field. In
period armory using uncharged chapé fields, the line of division often
extends down so that the field division could be interchangeable with
per chevron throughout. Thus, we will continue to allow the use of the
blazon term chapé for uncharged armory which resembles the period
armory described above. [Aemilia Sabine, 02/2003, A-Calontir]

Jayme

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Ronald Blackman <eirik at hot.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the default for arrows is
> points to chief if I remember correctly. I would blazon it, Azure chape
> ploye ermine, in chief a sheaf of arrows inverted and a stag's head cabossed
> argent.
>
> Eirik Halfdanarson

Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP