[ANSTHRLD] Foamy Beer mug (Precedents)

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:32:47 PDT 2011

Did some diving for precedents and came up with:

Lasairíona inghean Ghéibheannaigh. Device. Per pale sable and Or,
three goblets counterchanged issuing flames gules.

    This does not conflict with the device of Morgan Conner, Per pale
sable and Or, two tankards, handles in the flanks, counterchanged.
There's a CD for the number of primary charges and another for the
difference between a goblet and a tankard.
[Lasairiona inghean Gheibheannaigh A-Caid 08/2007]

So we know that right away that a Goblet and a tankard do not
conflict. We should be able to extrapolate from that to a chalice
(similar shape), and I would think if you give difference for a
tankard and a goblet, then you most certainly shoudl get difference
for a horn.

My google-fu is not strong tonight, and I'm not able to locate any
precedent on a drinking horn versus another drinking instrument. The
only thing I've found is that a drinking horn and a bugle horn are
held to conflict with each other.

Andrewe

--
Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP