[ANSTHRLD] Foamy Beer mug

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:22:00 PDT 2011

You couldn't get a CD for type against a "doubly-curved drinking
horn?" I'd say that a tankard and a doubly-curved drinking horn ought
to be clearly visually different, maybe not X2 different but worth at
least a CD... Can you cite precedent for the lack of CD in that case?

Also the submitter could consider making the bordure complex, to gain
a 2nd CD to get away from the poor-contrast problem of a 'proper' cup.

Andrewe

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Consider "Vert, a tankard Or foamed argent within a bordure Or" versus ...
>
> ... "Per bend sinister sable and azure, a chalice and a bordure Or."  (Ursula the Saxon, Device, May 1996)  I se 1 CD for the change of tincture to the field but nothing for the type of cup or foam.  Versus a "wooden tankard proper" I see a 2nd CD for change of tincture to the cup.
>
> ... "Vert, a goblet Or between three escallops inverted argent all within a bordure Or." (Elizabeta da Porta, Device, Mar 2010)  I see 1 CD for the removal of the escallops but nothing for the type of cup or foam.  Versus a "wooden tankard proper" I see a 2nd CD for change of tincture to the cup.
>
> ... "Vert, a doubly-curved drinking horn argent, garnished, within a bordure Or." (Anna Georgievna of Kiev, Device, May 1987)  I see 1 CD for the change of tincture to the cup but nothing for the type of cup or foam.  Versus a "wooden tankard proper" doesn't help.
>
> Sorry,
> Tostig

Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP