[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Gazette August 2011

Obelisk Herald obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Tue Aug 2 16:25:44 PDT 2011

Ansteorran Gazzette for August 2011

Contents:

Letter from Star:

Greetings unto the sundry members of the Ansteorran College of Heralds!

July was a busy month. We filled two offices, and opened two more. We
had King's Round Table, and AHSS. Both of those events were quite
successful. I want to again welcome Sir Tomas to the role of Tressure.
We have some exciting things on the table in the education branch.
Lady Vyolante Drago do Porto is filling in the role of Sable Crane
Pursuivant. Please send any achievement related questions to her.

At the Round Table plenary meeting, we discussed several topics of
import. Local reporting will continue to be due on the 10th of the
month. After polling several individuals it was felt that the
escalation chain in the Admin Handbook does not really effectively
tackle chronically late reporting. That is currently being addressed,
and I expect to have a revised text ready for Your consumption at some
point in the near future. I should note that, by chronically late, I
mean greater than 60% of your reports are late. While I'm certainly
appreciative of getting reports at all, if everyone works together I
know that we can eliminate most of the late reporting issues that
exist.

We talked a little about Court Reporting and the need to make sure
your court reports are sent to Zodiacus on time! Court reports are due
within 2 weeks of an event. While only the local herald and Court
herald are REQUIRED to fill out reports, others are certainly WELCOME
to do so.I am certain Zodiacus will not turn them down.

The submissions branch continues to function well. I am confident that
Lord Eirik is settling into his new role as Bordure. If you have any
submissions related questions, your Regional or Bordure/Asterisk
should be able to help you out with them. We are going to begin
compiling a "consultant's" roster, that will be available to the
regional and submissions/education heralds in an effort to be able to
point people towards sources of help. If you're interested in being
listed on such a roster (non-warranted!) please contact your Regional
Herald, and we'll get to work on getting you listed. The roster is not
planned to appear on public space at this time.

I want to thank the Barony of Bordermarch and Lord Biau-douz de la
Mere for their hard work in putting on AHSS. This is not an easy event
to put together, and Bordermarch had a bit of a challenging site in
that it's not a traditional classroom setting. There were several very
interesting classes available. My only regret was that my job reared
it's head at the last minute and prevented my attendance. If anyone is
interested in hosting next year's symposium, now is the time to start
asking questions!

That's all I have for you this month. As always, I appreciate the hard
work you all put in for the populace of our Kingdom.

Yours in Service,

Andrewe
Star

*******
Status of ILoIs

ILoI 2011-01: Commentary closed February 2011.
LoI 2011-02. Laurel meeting May. LoAR published.

ILoI 2011-02: Commentary closed March 2011.
LoI 2011-03. Laurel meeting June. Pending LoAR publication.

ILoI 2011-03: Commentary closed April 2011.
LoI 2011-04. Laurel meeting July. Pending LoAR publication.

ILoI 2011-4: Commentary closed May 2011.
LoI 2011-05. Laurel meeting August.

ILoI 2011-5: Commentary closed June 2011.
LoI 2011-06. Laurel meeting September.

ILoI 2011-6: Comments closed July 2011.
LoI 2011-07. Laurel meeting October.

ILoI 2011-7: Comments due August 2011.
Decision meeting and LoI August.

ILoI 2011-8: Comments due September 2011.
Decision meeting and LoI September.

*******
Upcoming Decision Meetings:
* August - TBA
* September - TBA
* October - TBA

*******
Internal Letter of Intent 2011-08
1. Ætheldreda de Dunbretane (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) Resubmitted Device.
2. Antonia Visconti (Loch Ruadh, Shire of) New Device.
3. Catrin verch Reis Of (Loch Ruadh, Shire of) New Device.
4. Dragano Chavalerio (Loch Ruadh, Shire of) New Name.
5. Isaac von Basel (Barony Bordermarch) New Name.
6. Margarette Bonvallet. (Rosenfeld, Shire of) New Name and Device.

ILoI 2011-07 can be found at
http://herald.ansteorra.org/ILoI/iloi201108.pdf and
http://ace.heraldry.ansteorra.org/letter/view/49

*******
Annotated Internal Collated Commentary 2011-06

1. Adelaide de Bourbon (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) Resubmitted Badge.
2. Alexander MacGill (Tir Medóin, Shire of) New Name and New Device.
3. Alys Langton (Seawinds, Shire of ) New Badge.
4. Berke Unegen (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) New Name and Device Change.
5. Bryn Gwlad Baronial Guard Hellsgate Company (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of )
New Badge.
6. Company of the Phoenix (Bordermarch, Barony of) New Household Name
and Badge.
7. Heinrich der Trüwe (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) New Name and Device.
8. Joanna the Spinner (Seawinds, Shire of ) New Badge.
9. Marita Al-Andalusiyya (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) New Name and Device.
10. Maya of Bjornsborg (Bjornsborg, Barony of ) New Name and Device.
11. Maya of Bjornsborg (Bjornsborg, Barony of ) New Badge.
12. MeLchior Sans-Avoir (Mooneschadowe, Province of) New Name and Device.
13. Minna de Vouges (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) New Name and Device.
14. Mongo Checheg (Steppes, Barony of) Resubmitted Badge.
15. Peter Rhys (Steppes, Barony of) New Name and Device.
16. Philippe Le Chanceux (Bjornsborg, Barony of ) New Name and Device.
17. Ricárd Valentinius Parvifeles (Glaslyn, Canton of ) New Name and
Device.
18. Thérèse la marcheannde ďlvoire (Bordermarch, Barony of) New Name and
Device.
19. Þorkell ǫlfúss (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) New Name and Device.
20. Vyolante Drago do Porto (Stepps, Barony of) Resubmitted Badge.
21. Zianna al-Zahrá al-Andalusyyia (Namron, Barony of ) New Name and Badge.

AICC 2011-06 can be found at:
http://herald.ansteorra.org/ICC/aicc201106.pdf

*******
The external Letter of Intent for June 2011 can be found at
http://herald.ansteorra.org/LoI/loi201107.pdf and
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=100&loi=1061
<http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=100&loi=1061>

A list of items currently in progress can be found at
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/

Further details on the status of items at Laurel can be found at
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=181