[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: many thanks & praise

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:51:20 PDT 2011

Forwarded per request from Lord Biau-Douz de la Mere:

 Dear Populace of Ansteorra,  I, Ld Biau-douz de la Mere, event steward for
the Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal Symposium, wish to convey my thanks &
praise to all the events attendees, teachers & support personnel who made
this event the success it was...My thanks go to Their Royal Majesties &
whoever the person(s) was/were that put me up for the Sable Crane...Never
expected or saw that one coming...I will say that the award is as much mine
as belongs to all the people who made this event what it was...I will never
forget that...without you none of this is possible...I wish to lay praise @
the feet of my mentors & guiding lights as well...they are as follows:
Mistress Hillary Rose Greenslade; Star Principal Herald HL Andrewe Baldwyn;
My Laurel, Mistress Jalali of Salamis; her partner in crime, Mistress Nerak
de Tisserande; & Star Signet's Lady Vivianna Rowntree & HE Master Duncan
Hepburn...The non-SCA instructors included: Lamar University Art Professors
Dr Lynne Lokensgard, for the "Gothic Image" lecture, & Xenia Fedorchenko, w/
"Medieval Woodcutting & Printing"...These instructors gave of their time
freely to share w/ our Kingdom's Populace the arts, crafts, & knowledge that
they possess...Non-Kingdom instructors included: Lord Magnus von Lubeck of
Meridies,  teaching "Documentation For Your Your Submission"; & HL
Elene Kirchenknopf, formerly of Bordermarch, but now part of Gleann Abhann's
populace, taught "Intro to Calligraphy: Rotunda Hand"...My Wife Karen took
this course and had a small breakthrough w/ penmanship (although she will
humbly deny it)...Sometimes it takes someone other than the spouse to teach
the spouse something...I am sure some of you can relate to this enigma...Our
own Kingdom provided a wealth of knowledgeable instructors in the  form of:
Mistress Jalali, "Tell Them Where To Go & They'll Like It"---Cry Heraldry;
Lord Tostig Logiosophia (in place of HL Andrewe Bawldwyn who had first
responder EMT tropical storm duties), "How To Survive The Snark
Tank"---Heraldic Commentary; Mistress Gwenllian ferch Maredudd, "Designing
Period Style Armory"; Lord Detlef von Marburg, "Court Heraldry"; Honorable
L's Anne Barrington & Alden Drake (yes, I know Alden is a man), "Painted
Silk Banners from Start to Finish"; Lord Atli Karlsson & Count Simonn of
Amber Isle, "Heraldic Shield Painting Preparation"; Mistress Rhiannon ferch
Cian, "Heraldic Embroidery, or Heraldry for Emboiders"; Mistress Hillary
Greenslade, "Quills: Cut & Cure"; Countess Sara Penrose, "Beginning
Whitework"; Lady Sarah di Rimini, "Charter Painting 101"; Lord Lemoine de
Gascony, "Painting with Dirt"...Thank you each and every one for trraveling
all the way down to our hot & muggy little corner of the Realm...If you
missed this event then you really missed out on Countess Tessa's lunch
spread...OMG!...The Countess & her volunteer Gourmand Army really put on a
doozy of shindig...This is a long list of many hands who all helped make
this the real success of the day...if you left the lunch line hungry it was
your own dadgum fault...Countess Tessa, Lady Jilllian st. Andre, & m'Ladies
Melia & Mary all baked bread for weeks prior to the event...HE Elisabeth,
Lady Libby, m'Lady Ida, Lady Pandora, HE Therese d'Oivre, & Southeastern
Wolfstar all provided superb dishes for this Uber potluck feast...Special
Note to Wolfstar for braving the outside heat next to the grill all
morning...The "Meat" was excellent...The wolfstar reps were Lord Olaf
Ironheart & son, Rogan; Lord Roland & Lord Fallon(?sp)...Couuntess Tessa had
kitchen help the night before in the form of her protege Lady Donnel & her
husband Lord John; Mistress Rhiannon ferch Cian; husband Tostig; My Wife
Karen of Bordermarch; & myself...Countess Tessa makes happy squeaks when
speaking of her "Greenman" centerpiece...I had the pleasure of carving this
for her the night before into the side of the watermelon...I must say that
doing that helped me to relax before the big event...Thanks for suggesting I
do that task....Gate was run smoothly & effectively by the "Crew of the
Phoenix", led by Lord Chrestien Brule...His crew of "privateers" include:
Lady Nora Birdsong; Lady Angelica de Granada; Lord Ulferth Ericsson; m'Lady
Magdalena de la Paz; & m'Lady Amber of the Phoenix...Great job guys...HE Don
Armand de Lacy & Lord Zane ap Simonn likewise did their parts in making sure
the mundanes had a great martial show to view...Gatebooks & Website updates
were created by fellow Sable Cran-ees Lady Pandora Penncraft & Lord
Phocas...They have really set the bar high w/ attention to detail on their
work in these categories...I was aided in set-ups by Lord Malcolm (squire to
Sir Godwin); Lord Phocas; The Count & Countess Ambergate (Simonn & Tessa);
Lord Zane ap Simonn; & HE Santiago....Thanks must also go to those many
hands that did this or that during the event as well...People like HE
Giovanna (Baroness of Raven's Fort) who ran water out to the fighters &
provided that little something extra in the Kitchen & HL (Lord) Alden Drake
for running court...I do hope I covered everyone w/ Gratis...if I did not I
do sincerely apologize for the oversight or misspelling s of names or
titles...I think overall the event was a success because of the camaraderie
& enthusiasm that all the participants brought w/ them...I do hope that
everyone learned alot & was able to share time w/ friends both old & new...

Now, while I got you, it is time to start thinking about BAM & what classes,
to those who are willing, we can come up with...I have been tasked with
class coordination for BAM...BAM is huge & getting bigger...Classes are
needed...I am corresponding w/ the Chivalric & Rapier Champions  to see
about setting up time slots for authorizing new marshals in a whole host of
martial activities as well as setting up times & slots for all of the other
A&S litany of courses...I can be reached @ beaudumesnil at hotmail.com or via
faceboook.com under beau dumesnil...I respectfully request that all
interested parties have their class requests in by no later than Sat. 22 Oct
2011 so we can get the Gatebooks up & running...Hope to hear from you all
very soon...& once again thank you to all those who made AHSS the success it
was...In service to Kingdom & Barony, Lord Biau-douz de la Mere
(Beau)...Have yourselves a HUZZAH! of a good day....