[ANSTHRLD] conflict check - natural panther rampant

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Aug 18 14:44:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011, John Atkinson <johnmatkinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ioannes
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM,  <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Aug 2011, eirik at hot.rr.com wrote:
> >> Or, a winged natural panther

Rampant?  The CoA Glossary of Terms doesn't have a default posture for
generic felines.

> >> sable maintaining in its front paws
> >> a sword argent

Low contrast, but I think that's OK for a maintained charge.

> >> and on a bordure azure an orle of arrowheads
> >> inverted Or.
> >>
> >> The underside of the wings is red if that is important.
> >
> > I can't think of a heraldic way of saying "winged where the
> > undersides of the wings are gules and the top and leading edges of
> > the wings are sable".
>
> Artistic detail, not blazoned?

Adding wings is a CD.  For wings elevated, which I think is the
default for wings on a non-winged thing, most but not all of the wing
that you see is the underside.  That seems like way too much to call
an artistic detail.

Dannet de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com