[ANSTHRLD] Sustaining vs. Maintaining and Conflict Check

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 10:00:19 PST 2011

A sustained charge is at least as high (the larger dimension) as the
charge holding it.

A maintained charge (smaller) counts for no difference, but a
sustained charge does count for difference.

Unless that violet is huge, it'll be maintained.

So you're looking at (Fieldless) A bear rampant sable maintaining a
violet proper.

Conflict with:

# Berlin, City of

    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
June of 1995 (via Caid):
      Argent, a bear rampant sable.
      Important non-SCA arms

1 CD for the field change, no CD for the maintained charge.

Andrewe Bawldwyn
Bordure

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Castellana Donea
<castellana.donea at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1. I think it has to do with the size of the charges, but could someone please tell me the diffrence between maintaining  and sustaining?
>
> 2. Is there a CD for somthing sustained vs. maintained
>
> 3. CONFLICT CHECK HELP
>
> Fieldless, a bear rampant sable maintaining a violet proper
>
>              -OR-
>
> Fieldless, a bear rampant sable sustaining a violet proper
>
> YIS,
>
> Lady Castellana de Andalusia
> known as Castellana Donea
> (Kass-tae-yanna)
> Protogee' to Syr Burke Kyriell MacDonald
> Rom Bara of House Patrin Or
> Wiensenfeuer's Deputy Herald
> Kingdom Armillary Pursuvant

Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP