[ANSTHRLD] Blazoning and Winterkingdom

SBarrett barrett1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 2 14:35:12 PST 2011

Two related issues, here, hope you don't mind the inquiry.

Does anyone know if a Heralds consultation table will be at Winterkingdom in the Barony of Northkeep?

A friend currently preparing a device for submission is under the impression there usually is one, but we don't know for certain whether or not to expect one this year. I can't find any reference to one.

The reason he is wanting a consultation table is this - he seems to have a good, strong, clean idea for a device, but the exact wording of the blazon is proving to be a bit of a snare.

He is wanting a silver crescent (descrescent - facing the viewers right) and he wants a silver bell hanging inside the crescent, attached to the upper curve of the crescent, all on a green field.

The closest I can come is this; "Vert, a bell dependant within a decrescent argent."

Is that correct?
 The placement of "dependant" and "within" in the description is my concern. When an object is not only hanging from another, but is hanging from a particular place on that object, I lose my way when it comes to blazoning.

I believe this has an excellent chance of passing. The only close call I could locate in the ordinary is "Vert, a decrescent with a bordure indented argent", registered to a Carl of Sutherland in 1982.
I have no idea what is currently under submission, but this friend is willing to add an orle argent or a double tressure argent, if need be.

Personal note? Cool charge, very recognizable.

My thanks for your time on this matter.

~Finnacan