[ANSTHRLD] conflict check portcullis

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 14:19:16 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Vyolante Oporto <vyolante at gmail.com> wrote:
> Again, same disclaimer, still finding my way around cadency. It would
> probably help alot if you got anything for being chainless - in the oanda
> chainless portcullis brought up no results.

Nope, no difference for having chains or not.

Also, if you are using the 'blazon pattern search' for doing conflict
checking, I cannot urge you enough to not do so.  The Category Index
is the best approach to take, because it will combine things which are
considered the same for conflict (but blazoned differently) into a
single category.  For example, Beast - Dog will include dogs, wolves,
foxes, talbots, greyhounds, and all the other variant terms which I
never remember all of (but it's quite a lot), whereas the blazon
pattern search will only get 'dog' or 'wolf'.

There are a few categories which blend things that do not conflict
(say, Tools), but they're relatively rare.

Marie