[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Gazette June 2011

Obelisk Herald obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Wed Jun 1 23:01:02 PDT 2011

Ansteorran Gazette for June 2011

Contents:

Letter from Outgoing Star:

Greetings!

This is my last Ansteorran Gazette missive. Later this month at King's
College, I will be stepping down as Star Principal Herald, and Lord Andrewe
will be stepping up as my successor. I wish him well, and am certain he will
do a fine job.

As July is the magical warranting roster date due to Round Table, several
offices are open now. I will gladly let Andrewe deal with applications and
such!

I am sure it is typical that one does not always accomplish all one sets out
to do at the start, but I do feel I have accomplished much that I intended
during my tenure. I have a long list of thanks, and I fear I will
inadvertently leave someone out. If I do, please rest assured that it was
not on purpose – truly, for all the people that are in the somewhat large
Ansteorran College of Heralds, each and every single one are useful. Please,
no matter your skill level now, stay involved, ask questions, learn more! It
was only 10 or 11 years ago now that I was starting out as a local herald,
without a lick of heraldic knowledge, and here I am now about to step into
the rather large shoes of Wreath Sovereign at Arms; the scary thing to me is
that it seems not so very long ago at all!

To all of my various deputies, regionals and department heads and other
kingdom officers, you who are the arms of the great heraldic octopus, you
keep the wildly disparate parts of our College functioning smoothly, and
left me with very few headaches. To all of the local heralds, you who have
the bravery (and probable insanity) to be the frontline of heraldry that
your local populace sees, I thank you greatly for your willingness to jump
into the pool with the rest of us. Come on over to the deep end, the water's
fine and we offer swimming lessons!

To dear Master Duncan, thank you so much for the work you did as Star
Signet. The College of Scribes is an amazing group of artists and workers,
and I would have been utterly lost without you. To Master Robin and Mistress
Serena, many thanks again, as always, for the advice, discussions, and
friendly arguments. I have learned far more than I expected to about the
history of the College and kingdom, and have greatly benefitted from it! My
predecessors, as always, were a fount of useful knowledge as well, and I
thank them for always being available.

I charge all of you with helping Lord Andrewe as much as you have helped me,
to better serve our Crown and kingdom.

In service,
Emma, Sable Roundel*

**********************
Letter From Incoming Star:

Greetings unto the sundry members of the College of Heralds!

 It's been an eventful year. I want to thank Their Majesties Lochlan
 and Gwen for their faith in my ability to carry out the office of
 Star. I also want to thank Mistress Emma for her hard work as Star
 over the last 2 years. She has worked very hard at the office, and is
 leaving it in very good shape for me. While we will not officially
 transition the office until King's College, on June 18th, I would like
 to point out some open offices that need filling! Applications for my
 replacement as Bordure Herald will close on June 18th. Please send
 applications to both bordure at herald.ansteorra.org (Bordure) and
kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org (Star). If you are at all curious about
 Bordure, please don't hesitate to contact me and ask about it. In the
 mean time, Lord Eirik Halfdanarson, currently Orbis Herald, will be
 looking after the duties of Bordure, starting with the June Letter of
 Intent. Please give him your full support, as you all have given me.
 Next, Applications for Tressure Herald are officially open! Tressure
 Herald is the head of our education branch, and will play a pivotal
 role in getting the updated warranting class finished and released.
 Please send your applications to the current Tressure
 (tressure at herald.ansteorra.org), Master Tadgh, and Star
 (kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org) . Applications for Tressure will close
 June 30th. The third and final position I have to mention at this time
 is the Sable Crane pursuivant. Sable Crane is responsible for
 maintaining the registry of Achievements of Arms. The office reports
 to Zodiacus and any questions about that office can be directed to HE
 Alejandro, as well as applications (zodiacus at herald.ansteorra.org). As
 with Tressure, Applications for Sable Crane close on June 30th.  Also
 of note are the Round Table meetings coming up in July, and our
 Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal symposium, set to take place on July
 30th in Bordermarch.  I look forward to the beginnings of my tenure as
 Star, and am once again grateful for everyone's support.

 Pray know I remain Your servant,

 Andrewe

*******
STATUS OF ILoIs

ILoI 2011-01: Comments due February 10.
LoI 2011-02. Laurel meeting May.

ILoI 2011-02: Comments due March 10.
LoI 2011-03. Laurel meeting June.

ILoI 2011-03: Comments due April 10.
Decision meeting and LoI April.

ILoI 2011-4: Comments due May 10.
Decision meeting and LoI May.

ILoI 2011-5: Comments due June 10.
Decision meeting and LoI June.

ILoI 2011-6: Comments due July 10.
Decision meeting and LoI July.

ILoI 2011-7: Comments due August 10.
Decision meeting and LoI August.

*******
Upcoming Decision Meetings:
* June 18th - King's College, Elfsea -- Time/Location TBA
* July 16th - King's Round Table - Time/Location TBA -- Subject to change
* August - TBA

*******
Internal Letter of Intent 2011-06

1.    Adelaide de Bourbon (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) Resub Badge
2.    Alexander MacGill (Tir Medóin, Shire of) New Name  New Device
3.    Alys Langton (Seawinds, Shire of ) New Badge
4.    Berke Unegen (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) Change and release old name.
Change, if registered retain as badge.
5.    Bryn Gwlad Baronial Guard Hellsgate Company (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of )
New Badge
6.    Company of the Phoenix (Bordermarch, Barony of) New Household  New
Badge
7.    Heinrich der Trüwe (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) New Name  New Device
8.    Joanna the Spinner  (Seawinds, Shire of ) New Badge
9.    Marita Al-Andalusiyya  (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) New Name  New Device
10.    Maya of Bjornsborg (Bjornsborg, Barony of ) New Name  New Device
11.    Maya of Bjornsborg (Bjornsborg, Barony of ) New Badge
12.    MeLchior Sans-Avoir (Mooneschadowe, Province of) New Name   New
Device
13.    Minna de Vouges (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) New Name  New Device
14.    Mongo Checheg (Steppes, Barony of) Resub Badge
15.    Peter Rhys (Steppes, Barony of) New Name  New Device
16.    Philippe Le Chanceux (Bjornsborg, Barony of ) New Name   New Device
17.    Ricárd Valentinius Parvifeles (Glaslyn, Canton of ) New Name  New
Device
18.    Thérèse la marcheannde ?lvoire (Bordermarch, Barony of) New Name  New
Device
19.    Þorkell ?lfúss (Adlersrhue, Shire of ) New Name  New Device
20.    Vyolante Drago do Porto (Stepps, Barony of)  Resub Badge
21.    Zianna al-Zahrá al-Andalusyyia (Namron, Barony of ) New Name  New
Badge

ILoI 2011-06 can be found at http://herald.ansteorra.org/ILoI/iloi201106.pdf
and http://ace.heraldry.ansteorra.org/letter/view/46

*******
Annotated Internal Collated Commentary 2011-04

2. Aoife of Eldern Hills (Eldern Hills, Barony of) Resubmitted Device
3. Aubeline d'Alexandre (Hellsgate, Stronghold of) New Name and Device.
4. Ciar?n Mac Giolla Bhrighde (Wiesenfeuer, Barony of) Resubmitted Device.
5. Colette la Mangeux (Wiesenfeuer, Barony of) New Name.
6. Dietrich Strobel Bart (Stargate, Barony of) New Name and Device.
7. Gyna ne Brusi (Eldern Hills, Barony of) New Name and Device.
8. Hanse Cleermaeckere (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) New Name and Badge.
9. Hellsgate, Stronghold of (Hellsgate, Stronghold of) New Badge.
10. Jonet Culquhone (Mooneschadowe, Province) New Name.
11. Katerrina Ine Curry (Steppes, Barony of) New Name and Device.
12. Konrad Nowak (Steppes, Barony of) New Name Change.
13. Niccolaia Valore (or Valori) (Namron, Barony of) New Name.
14. Tigern Sapiens. (Rosenfeld, Shire of) New Name and Device.

AICC 2011-04 can be found at: http://herald.ansteorra.org/ICC/aicc201104.pdf

*******
Ansteorran Fast Tracks for 2011-05

1. Elizabethe de Salisbiry - New name and Device

*******
The external Letter of Intent for May 2011 can be found at
http://herald.ansteorra.org/LoI/loi201105.pdf
and http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=100&loi=1021

A list of items currently in progress can be found at
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/

Further details on the status of items at Laurel can be found at
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=181