[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check - Purpure Dragon

Kevinkeary kevinkeary at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 08:25:22 PDT 2011

I know it's moot, because Tostig is correct about the first conflict and Daniel is correct about the third.

But as to the second, I had understood that one primary in a group of three is 'half' the primary group. So we have

Addition of a second dragon AND an arrow, a new TYPE of charge.

A change in posture of the second dragon (reversed). This change in posture is not dictated by the field.

A change in tincture of the arrow (vert). This change in tincture is also not dictated by the field.

Seriously, under current precedents that is only one difference where I see four, three at a minimum?

Are you saying that "Argent, two dragons combattant purpure sustaining between them an arrow inverted vert" conflicts with BOTH "Argent, a dragon purpure" AND "Argent, an arrow inverted vert"?

If so, this is the strongest argument against slot-machine heraldry I've ever seen -- one could lock up a whole series of nice simple one-charge armory by registering a row of unrelated charges. If one were of a jerkish mindset.

Kevin