[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check - Purpure Dragon

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:02:32 PDT 2011

 > I know it's moot, because Tostig is correct about the first conflict and Daniel is correct about the third.

Kevin

A point of conflict is never moot. The second item might have been the only conflict or might conflict with a new
design. It can't be left unresolved.

> Are you saying that "Argent, two dragons combattant purpure sustaining between them an arrow inverted vert"
conflicts with BOTH "Argent, a dragon purpure" AND "Argent, an arrow inverted vert"?

There is a complex set of precedents on when you get a CD for 1 change to the bottom
of 3 charges, 2 changes to the bottommost of 4 charges, and sustained co-primary charges.

As I understand it two dragons armory would only get 1 CD from purple dragon for change of number
from 3 to 1 of the primary charge group. It doesn't get any for tincture since the change is far less than
half the primary group. It gets nothing for type since it doesn't change the type of at least half the
primary group and it doesn't fit the exceptions under the so called Sheridan precedents.

I don't see a conflict with the arrow vert device since there is a difference in number, half
the type, and half the tincture.

Magnus
who knows the precedent name isn't spelled that way but no one can
pronounce the Gaelic version and it is a complex set of rules
that really annoy Tostig