[ANSTHRLD] Blazon and conflict help (Wolf head and mitre)

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:43:41 PDT 2011

I'll make a stab:

Gules, a wolf's head cabossed argent crowned of a mitre argent ribboned Or.

There is no 'proper' tincture for a mitre as far as I know. There are
in fact, no previously registered 'mitres' that I can find.

I would say that you might be right, the charges should be co-primary,
but other than saying "Crowned" or "Attired" I don't know of a way to
specify that the wolf is wearing the mitre.

I looked in Beast-dog-head-group primary and Beast-dog-head-sole
primary and saw no conflicts.

Andrewe

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
<donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us> wrote:
> I have a sketch of a device at the following website that I could use
> assistance with.
> http://picasaweb.google.com/112940490043492965948/Heraldry#5613304391303301874
>
> What would be the proper blazon for this?
>
> Would both the wolf's head and mitre be members of the primary charge group
> given their sizes?
>
> Any other issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Donnchadh