[ANSTHRLD] A Mullet quarterly

wreath herald wreathherald at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 08:05:51 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Joseph Percer <jpercer at gmail.com> wrote:
> And it seems I did botch that blazon... try:
>
> (Fieldless) On a mullet of eight points sable, a mullet of eight
> points quarterly argent and gules pierced.

More to the original submitter than to Andrewe:

Is the thick black outline important? Could it be thinned until it is
only the outline of the charge and still leave the client happy? That
would give you "(Fieldless) On a mullet of eight points quarterly
argent and gules, a gunstone" and there wouldn't be questions about
layers or blazons.

If the black outline is important, I would definitely blazon the
originally posted emblazon as "(Fieldless) On a mullet of eight points
quarterly argent and gules fimbriated, a roundel sable." That both
better describes what you're seeing here - the original image has too
thin a sable band for most people to consider it a mullet charged with
another - and it avoids violating the layer limit.

 - Istvan Lame Duck