[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check - Purpure Dragon

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 19:33:45 PDT 2011

--- On Tue, 6/28/11, Jennifer Smith <jds at randomgang.com> wrote:

From: Jennifer Smith <jds at randomgang.com>
Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check - Purpure Dragon
To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 9:16 PM

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Consider also versus "Argent, two dragons combattant purpure sustaining between them an arrow inverted vert." (Deirdre McLair, Device, Dec 2003).  The CoA only sees 1 CD for change of number of the primary charge group.  Again nothng for the main
> tained charge.

Notice the wording "sustained" there, however. Especially given the
date (relatively recently), I bet that arrow is indeed a sustained
charge, and thus worth a CD, making this not a conflict.
"Argent, in fess an arrow inverted vert between two dragons combattant purpure." is considered a conflict but a sustained arrow isn't?

Tostig

-Emma