[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Gazette May 2011

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue May 3 08:34:50 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Obelisk Herald <obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org> wrote:
> so confess to looking forward to my impending Sable Roundel-ness for
> the approximately 20 seconds free I will have before being swallowed
> by the next job.

Aw, Star, step up as Wreath one minute before stepping down as Star.
Plurality of office is period and ever so stylish!  (I love things
like "King of England, Duke of Normandy, Brittany, and Aquitaine,
Count of Anjou and Maine, Lord of Ireland, Overlord of Scotland".)
If there are vacant regional and local offices, you can one-up the
Pope with title stacking.

> Ansteorra has enjoyed a spectacular pass/fail rate at Laurel the
> past year or so, including a 100% acceptance rate for all our
> submissions this past quarter.

To descend into seriousness: I've seen it suggested that a prolonged
100% pass rate is an indication that a kingdom may be rejecting too
much, not letting thru the borderline cases that could have gotten
thru with a shove and a wish.  But I've not read our returns to say.

> Lastly, but possibly most importantly, I am pleased to announce that
> the Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium this year will be
> hosted by the Barony of Bordermarch, held on July 30, 2011.

I blush to say how little I know about Ansteorran geography and exact
locations of groups, so I think it good to mention real-world
locations too.  Bordermarch is around Beaumont, Port Arthur, and
Orange, Texas, which are just south of I-10 and snuggled up against
the Louisiana border, roughly 2 hours east of Houston (sayeth Google
Maps).

Danyll de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com