[ANSTHRLD] Keys and crow

Crandall crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 12:14:10 PDT 2011

I found this, but no cited reference.

Key -- by default keys are palewise, however there is some confusion between mundane and SCA heraldry as to the location of the wards (the part that goes into the lock) and should be explicitly blazoned, although they appear to always be to the dexter (left) side and/or facing downward if the key is fesswise when drawn. If no specification is given for the location of the wards, assume to chief, but they should normally be blazed as wards to chief or wards to base.
http://heralds.westkingdom.org/CommonBlazonKnowledge.htm

Crandall, Olde Phart

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong." -John Kenneth Galbraith