[ANSTHRLD] Keys and crow

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed May 11 17:18:57 PDT 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011, Crandall <crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bittings are the term used for cut keys that engage
> tumblers. (modern lock)

I saw that term used specifically for the hills and dales on the key.

> However I cannot find another term for those keys which engage wards
> (in a warded lock)

The term is "nonfunctional".  If the key engages the wards in a warded
lock, the key won't turn.  You need a key that AVOIDS all wards.

Yours in helpfulness abounding,
Denyel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com

More information about the Heralds mailing list