[ANSTHRLD] Announcement: Heraldic Classes and Consultation Table at Elfsea Baronial College

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Nov 2 15:06:18 PDT 2011

Thank you for the plug, Andreas!

2011/11/2 Andreas von Meißen <scamiz at gmail.com>

> It is my pleasure to announce that there will be several Heraldic classes
> taught at Elfsea Baronial College: [Nov 12, Texas Wesleyan University, Ft
> Worth, TX]
>
> [...]

> Armory Conflicts - Magistra Emma de Fetherstan, Wreath Queen of Arms (2
> hours)
> This class will explore the foundations of conflict checking armory,
> including group theory and cadency. Both the current set of Rules for
> Submissions will be covered, as well as the new upcoming rules revision,
> emphasizing what is essentially the same and what is new between the two
> sets of rules.

It is unfortunate that this is scheduled opposite the consultation table!
My class will be aimed primarily at newer heralds, and non-heralds alike,
who are not as familiar with what a CD is and what you can get a CD for.
Only the last little section may be of interest to well-experienced
heralds, as it covers the major changes we'll see under the New New Rules
early next year (hopefully). I'll gladly repeat that section for anyone
interested in any leftover time at the end of the Wreath Roadshow.

> Heraldry: Wreath Roadshow - Magistra Emma de Fetherstan, Wreath Queen of
> Arms (1 hour)
> Curious about how decisions are made to register armory at the Society
> level? Attend a heraldic decision meeting run by Wreath Queen of Arms!

For those familiar with kingdom decision meetings, this is very much the
same sort of thing. I like to keep the level of discussion where even
non-heralds can hopefully get something out of it. I don't know yet which
kingdom we'll be covering, but it won't be Ansteorra.

-Emma