[ANSTHRLD] ISO Badge Graphic - Scribes Badge

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 12:51:07 PDT 2012

My vague memory of the rule on tools (swords, pens, etc.) is that they default to the "use" orientation -- in other words, swords default to point-up because that's the direction in which the point is usually held when using them, whereas pens are point-down because that's the direction in which they're used. Therefore, unlike an ordinary knife, which would be point-up by default, a calligrapher's knife would default to point-down because that's the direction in which the knife is used. (Trust me, downward IS the direction in which the knife is used to cut quills.)

Thoughts?

--Serena