[ANSTHRLD] Conflict question - Septfoil?

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Thu Aug 16 13:23:41 PDT 2012

Disclaimer: I am NOT MAKING A RULING with this opinion.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Scott Barrett <barrett1 at cox.net> wrote:
> So, I have a friend very interested in a red septfoil, a seven-petaled foil
> drawn the old fashioned way. Very few are listed in the Ordinary, so at
> first glance it looks like a sure thing - but that nagging voice suddenly
> speaks up. It says "someone will say it conflicts with all petaled flowers,
> or at least the great untouchable rose, even if it is drawn nothing like
> them".

I couldn't immediately find anything in precedent one way or the
other. My guess is that "7 petals" would be classified as a
"multi-petaled" flower, and so potentially conflict with things in
that category, not things in the "rose" category.

-Emma