[ANSTHRLD] Conflict question - Septfoil?

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 07:44:11 PDT 2012

Versus "Argent, a septfoil gules." consider "Argent, a carnation gules, slipped and leaved vert, surmounted by a rosewood recorder proper." (Amelliana die Weisse aus Siena, Device, August of 1982) and "Argent, a red camellia proper within a bordure of red camellias slipped and leaved proper." (Matriana du Cameliard, Device, June 1975).  For the first I only see 1 DC for removal of the overall charge and for the second I only see 1 DC for removal of the peripheral charge group.

I'm unsure if Matriana also causes a conflict with "Argent, a septfoil and a bordure gules." and/or "Argent, a septfoil and an orle gules".  I suspect it might be only worth 1 DC for multiple changes to the peripheral.

If so, I think there _would_ be 2 DC's versus Matriana for change to both type and number versus "Argent, a septifoil within a double tressure gules."  (This would also eliminate any questions versus "Argent, a rose proper, a bordure gules semy-de-lys argent." (Roseline d'Anjou, Device, November 1998) and "Gyronny sable and argent, a rose within an orle gules." (Elspeth Cameron, Device, August 1986) when considering cinquefoils/roses.)

Tostig