[ANSTHRLD] Noisemakers in voice heralding

R. Culver captbigdamnhero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:40:11 PDT 2012

> Yes, I do know the herald's badge is modern, but even that stereotype has
> to come from something.

As to "hyrnboda" meaning herald, likley not in how we use it, but more
along the lines of "herald angel," or the one calling, making
announcement.  My guess is that first roll was not only making
announcements but calling out people as well.  Eventually you need a means
by which to sort them and larely being illiterate, one goes with pictures.
Conjecture I know but as good as any. :P

Wihtric