[ANSTHRLD] Other heraldic displays

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jul 23 07:33:34 PDT 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Tadhg <ld_tadhg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How about the reverse...displaying an individual's personal arms on
> a baronial tent? And not as a collection of arms for the office.
>
> With permission, it is legal. Would it be considered appropriate?

"I shot a man.  Is it legal?"  The answer is "Mu".

Is it a display outside or about the tent, or actually painted on or
affixed to the tent?  Why was it put there?  I can imagine all sorts
of possibilities: the arms of someone who donated the tent (sounds
like the period practice of donating to a church and getting one's
arms in it) to someone snuck in during the night and spray-painted
their arms on it.

Danett Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com