[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check: Or, on a pile gules a lion and a stag combatant counter-changed

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 07:17:21 PDT 2012

Currently unregisterable items like "Or, chaussé azure, a dragon segreant azure between in fess two dragons' head couped respectant Or" (Svea Wartooth, Device, July 1993) still need to be considered for conflict.

".... However, there are other circumstances do exist where there is a conflict with already registered armory due to reblazoning the registered armory. Last month, for example, we returned ...on a compass star argent a Maltese cross azure...for conflict with ...within a sun throughout argent, eclipsed azure, a goshawk displayed argent, giving no CD between the two excerpted parts. In this case the already registered armory would today be blazoned as ...on a sun throughout argent, a roundel azure charged with a goshawk displayed argent, emphasizing that the goshawk can be considered a quaternary charge and thus ignored completely when checking for conflict.
"The main difference between these two cases is that in the "no conflict" example it was the new armory to which the problematic reblazon applied, while in the "yes conflict" example it was the old armory that had the unregisterable reblazon." [Cover Letter, June 2004]