[ANSTHRLD] Fee for Augmentation of Arms

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:41:45 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> BUT, it seems we have an answer though.  I could have seen where the kingdom
> as a whole stated that for _anyone_ that gets and augmentation they would
> pay for it.  But if one person is charged you can't just say another person
> gets it for free (unless you are paying with your personal funds).  To do
> otherwise skates perilously close to benefiting an individual with SCA funds
> which is not allowed.

I've seen this come up recently on another email list, and this last
sentence was the key point for it not being paid for by the kingdom.
It was, however, noted that other people could pay for the submissions
(though one does have to watch out for the appearance of commingling
personal and heraldic funds if the person paying for it is also a
herald who could be taking submissions).

Marie