[ANSTHRLD] Name help Paladin Di Vincenzo Volu-Helene

Lisa Theriot lisatheriot at ravenboymusic.com
Thu Mar 29 12:03:09 PDT 2012

Wow, I don't think either Arval or Talan monitor this list, and it would
sure be nice to touch base on this one.  I find it incredibly suspicious
that Paladin appears on this list.  Note it is the only name besides Gian
(John) or Michael that does not end in a vowel (except as specifically noted
due to Latin case requirements); I'd really like a warmer fuzzy that this
was clearly a given name, because, "...one of these things is not like the
others..."  I note the artist Girolamo Paladino working at the end of the
16th century, so the form I'd expect was in use as a byname.

You can cite the "Names from Sixteenth Century Venice" article for both the
construction of the patronymic byname and the presence of Vincenzo as a
given name.

Adelaide