[ANSTHRLD] Da New New Rulez

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed May 2 12:33:13 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2 May 2012, Marie de Blois <erminespot at gmail.com> wrote:
> The official name is: The Standards for Evaluation of Names and
> Armory: The Rules for Submissions. [1]

What It Looks Like To Me: A Modern Fantasy Novel Or Series.

> [1] On the final draft we submitted, the order of those two was
> swapped .... If I'd thought they were going to swap them in a
> renaming, I might've subtitled it differently.  But now, we'd have to
> get the Board to approve a change if we wanted to go the SANE route.

There is no requirement that an acronym stand for anything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acronym#Pseudo-acronyms says that neither
SAT nor DVD officially stand for anything now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-acronym has more examples.

There's certainly no law that a nickname needs to have any
relationship to the name of the referent.  If we can call it Ruliana,
then we can call it SANE.

Danett de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com