[ANSTHRLD] conflict check Catherine's wheel

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Wed May 2 09:44:55 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2012, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
>> Eirik asked:
>>> Can someone check "Sable, a Catherine's wheel argent" for conflict
>>> under the new standards? I need a double check to see if I'm doing
>>> things right.
>> I haven't read the new rules, but I hope and trust that it still
>> conflicts with Serena's badge "(Fieldless) A Catherine's wheel
>> argent" (July 1996)

I found three conflicts, of which this is one (for the reasons cited by Daniel).

> The Standards for Evaluation of Names and Armory unaccountably neglect
> to mention Serena's dresses, though in retrospect it's an obvious
> lapsus calami and I shall bring it to Palimpsest's attention at once. [0]
> The proximate cause of death is SofE (SANE [1], Ruliana, we're working
> on a nickname) A.5.G.1.e:

Palimpsest will give that suggestion all the consideration it deserves.

The official name is: The Standards for Evaluation of Names and
Armory: The Rules for Submissions. [1]

Marie

[1] On the final draft we submitted, the order of those two was
swapped .... If I'd thought they were going to swap them in a
renaming, I might've subtitled it differently.  But now, we'd have to
get the Board to approve a change if we wanted to go the SANE route.