[ANSTHRLD] Website functionality

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu May 31 09:29:59 PDT 2012

On May 30, 2012 5:15 PM, "Doug Bell" <magnus77840 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> For OSCAR I keep track of the kingdom deadlines manually in a file.
>
> There are some PDF utilities under Linux which combine and convert the
files into various formats. I need to try some of those. If all of the pdf
letters were combined into a single file it should be able to be loaded and
searched.

Format and maintenance would be a concern of mine.  Joining the files into
one PDF is easy.  With the newer ones being created search even should
work.

Scanning old ones needs to be done carefully and with ocr as just scanning
as an image won't help.

Plus the size of the file is a concern.  Add to that new docs will need to
be constantly added.

I am not against it, just needs to be thought through.

Alasfair