[ANSTHRLD] Is the gore a peripheral or central ordinary?

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Oct 10 08:26:44 PDT 2012

I'm gonna be a touch heretical and suggest the Glossary is wrong in
this instance. Gores and gussets, as far as I know, originated as
so-called "marks of abatement", which is something you add to a coat
of arms *last*. They can't be primary, by that definition.

I suspect they're not mentioned in SENA just because they were
forgotten. Silly wacky little ordinaries...

BUT, as always, mileage will vary: no formal decisions one way or
another until a test case arises. :)

-Emma