[ANSTHRLD] Two-colored device help.

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Apr 10 09:34:31 PDT 2013

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013, Adam R Thompson <adam.r.thompson1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The field division is what makes the color combo legal.

Specifically, an element divided equally into two parts (like per
fess, per pale, per bend, ...), quarterly, or per saltire, can use two
colors.

> That said as long as he's doing field divisions that is fine, he
> would need a charge to balance it and it would have to be a metal.

No, there's such a thing as field-primary armory without charges at
all.  My own arms are

Per chevron embattled argent and azure.

Not a charge on there.  It can be great early-period style.  The
problem is our conflict rules, although SENA loosened them up.

For "Per saltire gules and sable" and "Per saltire sable and gules":
consider

Bj{o,}rn inn h{a'}vi
The following badge associated with this name was registered in
June of 2012 (via Atlantia):
Per saltire arrondi sable and gules.

I'd have to check precedents, but last I remember "arrondi" wasn't
granted a difference, so that would conflict with both proposals
(identity with the sable and gules, 1 DC for reversing the tinctures
for gules and sable).

I looked in Field Only in the Ordinary
( http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_desc.cgi?p=FO )
I don't see a Field Primary category, unfortunately.
It looks like "Per pale" is blocked, for one.

Daniel Delindquist
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com