[ANSTHRLD] Round Table Re-cap

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 12:40:45 PDT 2013

Magnus said:
>Some observations.
>Be very careful with Facebook. That company has little respect for the privacy of submitters or the SCA's intellectual property.

Agree with Magnus's accessment of Facebook.
I work in IT; my company allows use of some social networks, such as Yahoo Groups, but not Facebook - too many issues, too few safegards.
If you intend to retain archives or history of those Heraldic Consultations on FB, check out the FB options.
It's my understanding that FB doesn't retain historical archives in perpetuity, so downloads or archive systems (Archivebook) maybe necessary if you intend to record for search purposes the Ansteorran heraldic commentary.

Cheers, Hillary
(not a huge supporter of FB)