[ANSTHRLD] Vert wihin outline of a square a pawprint or

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Mar 1 19:38:03 PST 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013, Brett Chandler-Finch <naturemakeswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> The client wants a badge with a green background      she wants a square
> outline  and within the square a pawprint wih nails.    I m unsure of both
> the square in heraldry and claws as tht seems too modern to me.

A colored-in sketch put on a Web page can really help.

Just to be sure, for a "square outline", she means a square with a
square hole in it, right?  And the sides are horizontal and vertical,
not tilted onto an edge, and are equal in length?  If so, it's a "delf
voided".

What color is the square outline and what color is the pawprint?
Pawprints are not known from period heraldry but are registerable in
the SCA, though they are a Step From Period Practice (
http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/sena.html#AppendixG ).

Is the pawprint the largest thing and the square outline a frame for
it?

Danielis Lindecolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com