[ANSTHRLD] Demi-Creatures

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed May 29 07:30:05 PDT 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013, Brett Chandler-Finch <naturemakeswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I finally have it figured out  Please correct me if I am
> wrong
>
> Cill_ne of Dragon's Laire
>
> February of 2008 (via An Tir):
> Sable, a cross of Santiago within a mascle Or.
>
> Changing the cross to a dragon would only give me 1 CD therefore
> would make it unregisterable

After the adoption of the Standards for Evaluation of Names and
Armory, it's "distinct change (DC)", but it's much like CDs were.

One CD, er, DC, is irrelevant.  http://heraldry.sca.org/sena.html#A5E2
"2. Substantial Change of Type of the Primary Charge Group: A new
submission which substantially changes the type of each primary charge
from a piece of protected armory does not conflict with it."

A change from a cross to a beast or monster is substantial, and
they're both primary charges, so no conflict.

> Anastasia inghean u_ Sh_ileabh_in
> April of 2005 (via the Middle):
> Vert, a dragonfly within a mascle throughout argent.
>
> The charges are Argent instead of Or so no conflict

Yeah, that's one way -- two DCs means no conflict.  But it's faster to
use SENA A.5.E.2 again, note the substantial change, and see it's no
conflict.

Danyll de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com