[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check please.

Doug Bell magnus77840 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 13:56:53 PDT 2013

I did check it and found no candidates for a conflict. No surprise. Purpure bend sinisters are quite rare in both SCA and period heraldry.
No advice will be offered on period style either.
The bend sinister purpure raguly edge is on the argent part of the field so it is identifiable. If it was raguly on both edges it would get vairy messy.

There are two other issues that would be discussed at commentary:

-Is the volant bendwise sable bird on a vairy argent and vert field identifiable?
I don't believe that is the default posture for any bird in period.

It can be difficult to maintain the identity of an animate charge against a vairy field.

-Will this get returned for excessive complexity?
This armory pushes the complexity count to the legal limit and then adds the rare features of a vairy field, a charged vairy field, a bird in other than its default posture, and a bend sinister with two different types of edges.
Taken all together this brings a risk of a return.

It also must be checked for style issues under SENA. I haven't researched a device this complex under the new rules.

Magnus