[ANSTHRLD] Stolen Valor? Oldtimers' help needed!

Crandall 4fooles.matters at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:42:22 PDT 2014

Long ago and far away (when I was Tressure) there was an involved
discussion as to the various ranks in the Ansteorran College.
This particular discussion was at the AHSS that was held at Ft. Hood, I
forget the group that sponsored the event.
Adelicia was there, along with Daud, Robin and several other Olde Pharts of
the College.
The three levels were Cornet, Pursuivant and Herald.
At that time you were either in a titled staff position (Tressure, Calisto,
Star, etc.) or you were not. (Extraordinary) We took the literal meaning of
being out (extra) of the ordinary (not ordained, or not in an office).

I believe that the title system was changed later on, as several of us were
named HE as we stepped down from various positions and did not take another
Heraldic office. PE was also a title used for the same purpose if the
individual was not ranked as a Herald.

I do not know when it was changed.

Crandall, Herald