[ANSTHRLD] Stolen Valor? Oldtimers' help needed!

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Aug 5 21:50:34 PDT 2014

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Aodhan <aodhan at dobharchu.org> wrote:
> For the trivia buffs, the most recent OandA lists the following
> Herald and Herald Extraordinary titles as registered from Ansteorra:
>
> Al-Jamal Herald Extraordinary   personal    (released)

A bit more complicated.  Al-Jamal Herald Extraordinary was registered
for Da'ud 7/1990, but owned by Ansteorra because at the time the rules
did not allow people to own their own titles.  He resigned the title
and it was released 9/1993.  (I have a vague memory that he felt he
had not earned it.  I don't know whether he resigned the rank of
Herald Extraordinary at the same time.)  al Jamal Herald was
registered 8/1996 to the SCA, and transferred to Da'ud 11/1997.

I just realized that, if it weren't for the slight spelling change and
the quibble about exact ownership, he wouldn't have merely been the
first person to be Sovereign of Arms twice, he would have been the
only person I've heard of to have the same personal heraldic title
twice.

And because of the spelling change, I can't quite refer to him as
al Jamal of the second creation.

Denyel de Linccolne, the one and only Troll
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com