[ANSTHRLD] What to expect for tomorrow

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Mar 21 17:43:52 PDT 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014, Alisone McCay - Bordure
<bordure at herald.ansteorra.org> wrote:
> Submitters don't have access to OSCAR normally.

Ansteorran INTERNAL LoIs are (almost) completely visible, all items
and all their commentary.  (That security policy, or lack of same, was
a carry-over from Ansteorra's previous ACE system, which itself was a
carry-over from the previous printed collated commentary, which had
been made public to cure a problem with nasty comments.)

I just tested it from work.  I can see everything in
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=100&loi=2413
though I have not logged in.

The one exception I see: Images attached by commenters are not
visible.  (The scans of the submitted armory are visible.)
For example, if you want to discuss Andrea's proposed corrected
emblazon for item 8, Dragonsfire Tor, Canton of, then someone not
logged in can't see it.

More minorly, indentation of commentary is not displayed.  (Wut?
Why?)  So you can't tell, except by the wording and context, whether
someone was replying to a comment or not.

I will e-mail Istvan and Rhys about these.

Mind you, Ansteorran EXTERNAL LoIs are in the College of Arms garden.
All external LoIs are locked down so that anyone can see the items,
but only people who are logged in with CoA privileges can see the
commentary.
Danielis Lindicolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com