No subject

Thu May 8 19:53:29 PDT 2014

would appear marshalled; if one ermine quarter were charged with a cross,
and the other a boat, it would appear marshalled.

Also, a little trick I've noticed is in the blazon.  If you can blazon it
without referring to the quarters specifically, it greatly reduces the
chance of marshalled arms.  It doesn't eliminate it completely, but it
helps...at least with quartered arms.  Per pale arms are a different beast
because you can blazon Per pale gules and argent in fess a dragon Or and a
dragon sable.  it's an ok blazon, but the appearance is that of impaled: on
the dexter side, Gules a dragon Or, and on the sinister side, Or a dragon
sable.

Alden