No subject

Thu May 8 19:53:29 PDT 2014

blazonable.  Then it is checked for rules problems and
conflict with other devices.  I can't tell anything with
the description given.
A blazoned and completed device will also need a
petition of support from the group.

The group name concerns me the most.
This was one of our "no documentation was presented
and none could be found that this was a plausible name
for a place in period" returns.

Do you have any evidence of River being used as part of
an English place-name before 1600?
Do you have any evidence of Run used as the last element
of an English place-name before 1600?

River was used in period river names but people didn't
live in rivers.  You need evidence of its use in a
village name.
The documented use of run in place-names, such as Bull
Run of Civil War fame, dates from the mid 1700s in
America.  It was used to describe the course of a
loch in Scotland in the 1590s but no evidence of use
for places.

I have spent several hours in the Oxford English
Dictionary and in over a dozen books I have on
English place-names.  No support for this name
was found.  It is possible further research might
come up with something but we need something to go on.

This is why group names are the longest
part of making a new group official.

Magnus von Lubeck
Orle herald