[ANSTHRLD] Making OSCAR retain HTML

Christie Ward val_org at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 19 16:23:43 PDT 2014

Magnus kvad:
> Just out of curiosity is there any way to keep OSCAR from removing all
> formating from a post other than imbedded html commands?

If it's coming from a webpage, just highlight the text, right-click, and you should have an option to "Display Source". Do that, then copy the stuff with the HTML tags and paste THAT.

If there are URLs in the bunch, though, strip the <A HREF="someurl">  and </A> tags.  Also, extra line breaks are interpreted by OSCAR, so strip them, too. I almost always have a Notepad window up, so I paste the copied HTML there and use the Search-and-Replace tool to help get rid of extraneous stuff.

::GUNNVOR::