[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal Symposium

Sara Penrose kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Fri Jul 3 06:54:44 PDT 2015

Greetings, Ansteorra!

The Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal Symposium is almost here! The event staff
has put together an amazing schedule of classes for you, which you can view
on the event website at http://mooneschadowe.ansteorra.org/ahss/

Please note that site opens at 8:30 and there is an open session at 9:00. I
would strongly encourage everyone to attend that meeting, as there will be
several important and exciting heraldic announcements. Following the open
meeting, you will find that there are classes to suit every heraldic and
scribal interest, including:

- Nearly a full track of children's heraldic and scribal classes, thanks to
Lady Liadan of Patrin-Or

- Nearly a full track of insignia/regalia classes, including all the latest
details about insignia for the kingdom's newest awards: the Aquila Aurea,
the Lilium Aureum, the Lyra Aurea, and the new Peerage Order, the Order of
Defense. I'd like to make special note of the Crowns and Coronets class
being taught by Countess Katrionna MacLochlainn, as it will include
information about period coronets, and how to adapt them for SCA
use. This class is not just for nobles, since everyone has the right to
wear a fillet!

- A full track of vocal heraldry classes taught by some of the kingdom's
finest vocal heralds. Master Modius' class will include a brief
introduction to our new Silent Herald deputy, Lady Kearra Galt. If you are
a vocal herald, please come meet her and learn how you can
incorporate Silent Heraldry into court.

- If you are a local herald and have not yet been warranted, you will have
the opportunity to take the Warranting class from Master Tostig
Logiosophia. Another fantastic class for local heralds is Herr Andreas'
Consulting Heraldry 101, which is an essential introduction to the basics
of how to help submitters choose their names and armory.

- Two full tracks of scribal classes, including rarely taught classes like
Russian illumination (Lady Kseniia Svetovna Volkova).

- Multiple tracks on book heraldry and heraldic display, including
hard-to-find classes like heraldic consulting for Romani personae (Lady
Castellana de Andalucía), and several classes taught by a former Sovereign
of Arms (Mistress Emma de Fetherstan).

While I can't extol the virtues of each and every class and teacher in this
brief missive, I wish I could - I am beyond excited about the quality of
this slate of classes. There is a great mix - beginner and advanced, adult
and children's, heraldic and scribal, book and vocal heraldry - something
for everyone! I look forward to seeing you all there!

In service,
Sara
--
Sara Penrose