[ANSTHRLD] Jason III

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Sun Jul 17 06:03:57 PDT 2016

Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure it was true, but had no evidence.

Yes, I think that would have been a superior approach. But our history is what it is, not something else.

We are stuck with our current method (regnal dates by SCA reign) because of our history, just as we are stuck with using the word "peer" for knights rather than barons, despite the fact that we know it's what the word "peer" meant in period.

I hope that we can find some method to make clear that Jason II and Jason III are not equivalent to Inman II and Inman III, or there will be confusion down the road.

The modern Meridian approach of Jason Dryfesdale & (later) Jason Dryfesdale II seems awkward to me, but I don't have a good alternative to suggest.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin