[ANSTHRLD] New Policy

Eirik Halfdanarson kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Wed Jul 19 13:49:11 PDT 2017

Greetings,

As many of you have seen, the Society Seneschal has posted a new harassment
policy at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/. I
am not reposting the entire policy as it has been posted several times
elsewhere.

In that we as heralds are visible to just about all participants at events,
you may be approached by someone asking for assistance with harassment. It
is not necessarily your job to do anything other than to help them find a
seneschal or  the Crown at an event so they can report the harassment
according to policy.

Next, there was discussion about memberships be kept up again. Every time
the warrant roster is being prepared to be signed, I have to chase down
membership information to be sure all memberships are current. The
requirement for keeping your memberships current is because the warrant
that requires you to be a member is what protects you as an officer in the
SCA. If your membership expires and you are acting as an officer and
something happens, you are NOT covered by the SCA. We recently had a
Society Officer who unknowingly let their membership elapse. That officer
informed the Board of Directors of the lapse, and the Board of Directors
asked for their resignation effective the date of the lapse. If a Society
Officer is held to that standard, then all officers are going to be
required to maintain their membership to keep their warrants.

The biggest issue is that the update in membership is not being reported to
your reporting officer. That is the one piece of information that should be
reported as soon as it is updated. You may email the proof of renewal to
your reporting officer as soon as you update your membership. If there are
problems with keeping the updated membership information reported so that
the warrant roster can be kept current, then the Kingdom Seneschal has said
that there will be sanctions.

If there are questions about either of these issues, please contact me at
the Star e-mail address.

--
Eirik Halfdanarson
Star Principal Herald